Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Radish


Character concept by Mortimer Scheinhorn
I believe the radish will be one of the least threatening enemies in the upcoming game.


Ortho views of the model. Textures using Maya Combined Texture Hardware shading, I believe the texture resolution for these is 256 x 256


Same views in perspective


Some closeups on the face area with the highest resolution texture. (1024x1024)


And a little texture spotlight on the face from the actual flat texture file. I looked at a couple of World of Warcraft textures for some inspiration and took note as to how they fake the lighting on areas of their tier armor where there are self illuminated elements or glow orbs on their armor. I tried a little bit of this with the eyes. I think that it helped the texture pop out a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment